Yoko is giving up eggs
to finish this microsite about giving stuff up
Despite bewilderment and discouragement from concerned friends and family, I managed to do this giving up thing twice. I figured it was only appropriate that I have something to show for it, and so #3 was born: Give up eggs until I finish a website about giving stuff up.
All things considered, eggs are probably my favorite versatile food (my favorite all-time food is Japanese curry). It is essential in many baking recipes, plus you can put it on pretty much anything and voilà, breakfast! I freaking love breakfast.
I’m giving up eggs amid my colleagues telling me I am crazy and my mother demanding how I am going to get enough protein in my diet. Hopefully, this Giveup won’t go the way of pizza, where I found that I could probably live my life without ever eating it again (obviously, once I completed my Rails course, I ate pizza on the reg).
Updates on giving up eggs
Close to finishing the theme ... 2013 Oct 19
After a couple weeks of “not having time” to work on the site, I’ve been spending more and more blocks of hours shirking all social responsibilities and chipping away at the theme. I feel like I’ve been saying “I think this weekend will be the weekend I finish the site” for the last couple weekends. The end feels so close, but even after the theming is done I still have to:
- Populate Siteleaf with old posts from Scriptogram
- Add some imagery to the Giving Up section
- Fill out some of the copy I haphazardly started writing throughout the site
- Switch the site to yoko.is (currently it is running live through a different URL), and hopefully get the Amazon AWS thing set up (I have like, 2% of an idea of what that means)
Gotta just keep going.
When this shit is done 2013 Sep 21
I am getting myself to a farmer’s market and buying a dozen farm fresh eggs. I am also going to buy myself my first cast-iron skillet.
I am also going to buy a honing wand just because.
“Last egg until I finish my website.” 2013 Sep 03
And I’m not ready 2013 Aug 24
In a couple senses of the word:
- I can’t even begin to imagine what life would be like without eggs.
- I still have eggs left over from the dozen I bought last week.
As such, although (evidently) I am already working on this Siteleaf site, I think this round of Giving Up will officially begin when I run out of those eggs. I am on borrowed time. I am terrified.